After a long week at work, the last thing anyone wants to have to think about is spending the weekend doing chores around the house. Of course, as any homeowner will tell you, there is always something that needs to be done. However, by contacting a cleaning service company, you can let the professionals do the hard work for you.
Don’t keep putting off those jobs which need to be done
With household chores, there is always a long ‘to do’ list which never seems to end. And, on every list, there often seems to be a few jobs which you tend to put off. One of these chores is window cleaning as it can be quite a time-consuming task.
Outside windows can be a mission to clean as they are constantly exposed to the ever-changing weather elements. Over time, outside windows build up layers of dirt and dust and inevitably they need to be cleaned.
Tips for cleaning windows
Nobody likes to spend hours cleaning windows only to discover when they have finished that the windows are covered in streaks. Here are some tips to keep in mind when it comes to cleaning windows.
- With a damp cloth or sponge, tackle those hard to clean stains or marks first.
- When it comes to stains which refuse to come off, spray them with a bit of vinegar and leave them for a few minutes. Then, use a cloth or sponge to wipe off those unsightly marks.
- The next step is to rinse down the windows to get rid of that top layer of dirt. Due to water restrictions, you should use a bucket of water for this as opposed to a hosepipe.
- With the excess dirt washed off, you can now focus on getting the windows clean.
- Fill a bucket with clean water and make sure you have a clean cloth or sponge on hand. Dip the cloth/sponge in water, squeeze out the excess water and wipe down the windows.
- As soon as you are finished each window, use another cloth the carefully dry the window.
When it comes to cleaning windows, many people will have their own preferred method or technique. However, if you would rather spend you weekend relaxing, or lounging by the pool on these glorious summer days, then contact a window cleaning company and let the experts leave your windows looking crystal clear.