Many businesses believe that by using their teams to do the mundane tasks in and around the office will save money; however, save money by using facility managers. The reality is that much time is used up by employees that should be focusing on important things such as their jobs.
Valuable time should not be wasted on assisting in making the office tick over – let the professionals take care of what they know best. We refer to none other than those office heroes – the facilities managers that will ensure everything from the heating to the light bulbs and plants are taken care of so that you and your employees can focus on work. Whether this involves catering, fixing the furniture, watering the plants, or keeping the office tidy – employees should not be distracted by taking on tasks they are not able or willing to do.
By engaging the services of a facilities manager, you will see immediate results such as:
- Overtime will be reduced quite substantially – by cutting back on the operation of the hours in a building the results will be immediate and obvious, and cash flow will improve right away
- Energy costs will be reduced – equipment that is energy-efficient will ensure that the function of a building runs smoothly whilst cutting back on the overall expense
- Regular inspections guarantee that everything is in good working order; facilities managers use the latest software for reminders and schedule inspections via this efficient method
- Planning is done to a “t” as everything should now be done on software instead of the old-style laborious method of doing everything manually
- It is no secret that facilities managers have a few tricks up their sleeves to assist with numerous functions in buildings, including energy reduction, maintenance, catering and other essential function to keep the proverbial flag flying
Other strategies that can save money and cost nothing to implement include:
- Reviewing buildings regularly such as the timing of systems and temperature settings
- Bulbs need to be changed to energy-efficient options
- Filters of air conditioning units are maintained
- Windows and doors are sufficiently sealed to keep warm air in and cold air out during winter and vice versa during summer
Save money by implementing the professional services of facilities managers and let your employees focus on what is most important – which is the business at hand.