February is of course the month of love, and in keeping with this spirit, we’ve included some top tips and tricks to make it easy to keep your home spotless. After all, why neglect the special space in which you choose to celebrate with the ones you love the most.
Spring cleaning your home need not be a long and arduous task. You would be surprised to know that most of the common items you keep in your grocery or bathroom cupboard can work wonders in your home too.
According to an article on www.bestlife.com, these easy hacks can be used to combat the areas in our homes which all too often become neglected over time.
- Don’t forget the vinegar. More than a great addition to your salad dressing, this humble condiment is highly effective in cleaning appliances such as coffee machines as well as removing water stains on glassware. Simply add equal amount of vinegar and water to your coffee machine’s reservoir, run it through and run it once more with pure water to get rid of that vinegar smell. Or, leave water stained glasses standing for a few minutes in a solution of water and vinegar and wipe clean with a rag.
- Bottoms up! Next time you’re getting ready to toast with an ice-cold vodka, take note that it can also be used to dissolve that stubborn mildew in your shower. Simply mix half water, half vodka in a spray bottle, apply to the affected areas and leave for 10 minutes, then wipe away with a clean cloth.
- Lemon is yet another cleaning hero and can be used, when mixed with salt, to get your shower doors gleaming, as the acid in the lemon eats away at the soap residue.
- Having your windows professionally cleaned periodically is best way to keep them shining. However, in between a good tip is to wipe them clean with newspaper as opposed to cloths or towels. Newspaper does not leave lint or streaks, as other materials tend to do.
- Toothpaste is a great way to remove tarnish spots from your silverware.
- Don’t forget your mattress. Again, professionally cleaning your mattress is essential for the removal of dust mites and other allergens; but in the interim, vacuum your mattress, sprinkle some baking powder on it; leave to stand and vacuum once again.
- In order to ensure no spots are missed when cleaning household surfaces, wipe from top to bottom and then from left to right.
- Let your cleaning products sit on the surface for a few minutes before wiping them away to ensure they have time to work their magic.
If the ‘do it yourself’ approach does not appeal, or you simply do not have the time; leave the cleaning of your home to the professionals.
CCM offers a wide range of domestic cleaning services. From carpet, upholstery and mattress cleaning to window and deep household cleaning; CCM’s teams of highly trained professionals can be trusted to keep your home, carpets, furniture and surfaces spotlessly clean. Moreover, CCM uses a range of environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic cleaning products, safe for your family and the environment.